Designed for everyday use, but a great looking halter made with attention to detail!
We use only the finest quality, heavy-weight harness leather with solid brass hardware throughout for our Kentucky Turnout Halters. This type of turnout halter has been considered the "standard" by the Bluegrass area's Thoroughbred industry for nearly as long as there has been an industry. We can offer them for sale on our web site at a great price for such a durable piece of craftsmanship because we make them ourselves.
- Single buckle crown.
- Adjustable or English (fixed) chin available. English chin option is not available on newborns.
- Snap throat available.
- Available with a solid brass nameplate (sold below).
Two line plates are available on the suckling and newborn sizes, but keep in mind that adding the second line will make the print very small.
We offer the horse size of this halter in two fits: Quarter Horse (average horse) and Thoroughbred (large horse).
Leather Shop items usually take 3-7 business days minimum to ship.
Please order accordingly and notify us of any deadlines.
Horse Size...Standard Throat...$35.00 each
Yearling Size...Standard Throat...$30.00 each
Weanling Size...Standard Throat...$25.00 each
Suckling Size...Standard Throat...$22.00 each
Newborn Size...Standard Throat...$22.00
Horse Size...with Snap Throat...$38.00 each
Yearling Size...with Snap Throat...$33.00 each
Weanling Size...with Snap Throat...$28.00 each
Suckling Size...with Snap Throat...$25.00 each
Newborn Size...with Snap Throat...$25.00 each
Nameplate will be riveted onto the halter's left cheek.
Only $5.00 extra for single line plates or $6.00 for two line plates.
- Add a halter to your shopping cart.
- Add a name plate to your shopping cart.
- Repeat for each halter ordered.
- We may email you to verify that we understand which plates go on which halters. Our shopping cart can be a little confusing in this process.
- NOTICE: When deciding what to engrave on your plate, remember that "less is more". Crowding in information (sires, dams, long association names) makes the print smaller and therefore makes your plate more difficult to read. While we do not enforce a "hard cap" on engraving, it is best to not go over 20-25 letters and spaces per line. We will not be held responsible for any perceived lack of quality when a plate exceeds these guidelines.
- On that note: Two line plates will be engraved as "best fit". We do our best to assure quality and "readability", but we cannot guarantee either.
Single Line Brass Name Plate
Two Line Brass Name Plate
Related Products Below